We are a Table Tennis Club located in the Village Hall next to the Green Man Pub in Great Wymondley (SG4 7AW), not far from Junction 8 of the A1. Due to the increased size of the club we now also play matches at Newnham Village Hall (SG7 5JX). We are a very friendly club and new members are also made to feel very welcome.
During the Table Tennis season (generally Mid September to Early April) we play matches throughout the week at both of our venues.
During the summer months we normally have one practice night per week at Great Wymondley. HISTORY
The Warren Spring Table Tennis Club began life in 1959 when a government research establishment the Fuel Research Station relocated from Greenwich, London to Stevenage and was renamed the Warren Spring Laboratory after an ancient spring that once ran through the site.
Throughout the next thirty five years, the club successfully fielded teams in firstly the Stevenage league (being with Le Roi and B.A.E. founder members) and then the North Herts league when the Stevenage, Hitchin and Letchworth leagues combined in 1964.
The Laboratory was sold off in 1994 and demolished to make way for the Glaxo Smith Kline building and it was at this time that the club moved to its present location the village hall in Great Wymondley.
During seasons 2001 to 2008 inclusive we were sponsored by the Green Man pub (conveniently situated next door to our venue) and changed our name to Green Man Table Tennis Club. The 2008 2009 Season saw us revert back to Warren Spring Table Tennis Club.